INVTUR CONFERENCE: CO-CREATING THE FUTURE OF TOURISM
Aveiro (Portugal), May 17-19, 2017
Call for submissions on
TOWARDS SMART TOURISM BUSINESS ECOSYSTEMS
Thematic session at the INVTUR 2017 Conference organised by:
Alfonso Vargas (University of Huelva, Spain)
Tindara Abbate (University of Messina, Italy)
In order to complement the regular program with emerging topics in tourism research, the INVTUR 2017 conference on “Co-creating the Future of Tourism” will include a thematic session on “Towards Smart Tourism Business Ecosystems”. INVTUR 2017 aims to stimulate discussion and to introduce new approaches to explore emerging paradigms of value and knowledge co-creation in the marketplace that will lay the foundations for a new tourism ecosystem. This session aims to contribute to a new glance of tourism destinations and its governance, under the support of new lenses derived from the increased levels of complexity in its business ecosystem and the recent developments on the concept of smart destinations, mainly as a result of the tech revolution which is taking place.
The thematic session seeks submissions, in English, that attempt to address the following key issues, including (but not limited to) the following themes:
• Smart Tourism Destinations.
• Tourism destinations as business ecosystems.
• Dealing with complexity in tourism destinations.
• New developments in tourism governance.
• Strategic Management of tourism destinations.
• Destination Management Organizations and their emergent roles.
• Tech developments reshaping destination management.
• Innovation and Smartness in tourism destinations and firms.
• Sustainability and Smartness in tourism destinations and firms.
Extended abstracts (up to 6,000 characters), full papers or posters should be submitted electronically by November 30th, 2016 to Alfonso Vargas (email@example.com). Papers presented at the session will be considered for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Tourism and Development published by the University of Aveiro. For further information regarding submission guidelines, conference fees and program, accommodation, how to get to the conference venue, and registration forms, please visit the INVTUR 2017 conference website:http://www.ua.pt/invtur/.